找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 438|回复: 0

廊桥遗梦 第五章 英1

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-7-8 00:17:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

INT. KITCHEN - LATER
Carolyn opens the first notebook which is dated AUGUST 1965.

Michael sits beside her with a cup of coffee.

CAROLYN(reads)"I suppose his coming into my lifewas, in many ways, prepared forweeks, maybe even months before.

There was a restlessness I feeling.

Out of the blue and for no apparentreason. There's nothing morefrightening to a woman whose beensettled down for almost twenty yearsthan to suddenly feel unsettled. Idon't know when it started ... I doremember one night in particular, alittle over a week before Robertarrived..."CAROLYN'S VOICE BECOMES FRANCESCA'S VOICE AS WE:

DISSOLVE TO:

1965INT. JOHNSON'S BEDROOM - NIGHTRichard is fast asleep while Francesca sits up in bed reading.

FRANCESCA (V.O.)"It was late at night after a longday. Your father was tired -- fightingall afternoon with that newequipment Robert Harrison convincedhim to buy. But I wasn't tired.

Lately, I could hardly sleep morethan two hours a night. I was readingsome John O'Hara novel, skimming thewords, turning the pages withoutabsorbing what I was reading. My mindwas far away. And no matter how Itried, I couldn't call it back."Francesca closes the book and turns off the light. Shenestles into the bed and tries to sleep. After a beat, sheopens her eyes and turns on the light. As she gets out of bedshe awakens Richard.

RICHARDWhat time is it?

FRANCESCALater. Go back to sleep.

RICHARDWhere you going?

FRANCESCAI'm not tired. I thought I mightfinish Carolyn's skirt.

RICHARDNow?!

(checks clock)It's after eleven.

FRANCESCAI can't sleep.

RICHARDAgain? Maybe you should see a doctor.

FRANCESCAI'm not sick, Richard. I'm just nottired, now go back to sleep beforeyou're up for the whole night too!

Francesca exits. Richard nestles under the covers, mumbling:

RICHARDIf you're not sick, how can it becontagious?

INT. ATTIC - NIGHTFrancesca sits at her sewing machine, working on Carolyn'sskirt. When the thread runs out, she checks her sewing boxfor another spool of that color. Not finding it, she raisesand walks to an opened closet. She pulls on a light cord andchecks her supplies.

There are shelves of boxes, crates, old clothes and shoes allcrammed together. She pulls out one shoe box and an entirestack of items tumble off the shelf onto her head.

FRANCESCADamn it! Shit!

She looks at the mess and decides it's time to re-organize.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

站点统计|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|南京虚数灵境科技有限责任公司 ( 苏ICP备2023024155号 ) | 公安备案号:32010402000195

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 23:28 , Processed in 1.125000 second(s), 17 queries .