找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 418|回复: 0

廊桥遗梦 第十七章 英2

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-7-8 00:57:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 孙祎卓 于 2013-7-8 00:58 编辑

EXT. DOWNTOWN DES MOINES STREET - DAYFrancesca and Robert walk hand-in-hand, window shopping andtaking in the sights. For Francesca, it is as if she isseeing everything for the first time.

INT. BOOK STORE - DAYRobert introduces Francesca to the photography section,showing her a book of one of his favorite photographers,Walker Evans. Francesca admires one photograph in particular-- a mother and child during the depression.

FRANCESCAOn that one is beautiful. Look attheir expressions. As if the cameraweren't on them at all. As if theyhad no strength left to hide whatthey were feeling.

ROBERTHe's a genius. They're notphotographs -- they're stories, entirehistories captured in moments.

FRANCESCAI bet you could do a book.

ROBERTNo. I couldn't.

FRANCESCAWhy do you say that?

ROBERTBecause I already tried once.

Francesca is surprised. She senses his disappointment.

ROBERT (cont'd)It's no big deal. I know how to worka camera, how to make it "makepictures" -- but I don't know how tomake it make art.

(laughs)At least that's what six publisherssaid. To take what we see of thisworld and give it back with a bit ofourselves in it. It's a mystery to me.

FRANCESCA(smiles, supportive)But you don't mind.

ROBERT(smiles)No, I don't mind.

She brushes his hair away from his face affectionately. As helooks at another book, she notices their reflection in amirror. She puts her arm through his. They look like a coupleto her -- two people who belong together.

INT. FANCY RESTAURANT - DAYFrancesca and Robert have an elegant lunch.

FRANCESCAWhat were you like when you wereyounger?

ROBERT(smiles)Trouble. Why?

FRANCESCA(laughs)I just wondered. Why were you trouble?

ROBERTI had a temper.

FRANCESCAWhat were your parents like?

Pause. Robert doesn't reply. She looks at him curiously.

ROBERTI can't do this, honey.

FRANCESCAWhat?

ROBERTTry and live a lifetime beforeFriday. Cram it all in.

(shakes his head)This is the first time either has mentioned their time clock.

Francesca nods, understandingly.

Across the room, Francesca notices A MOTHER having dessertwith her FIVE-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER, a pretty little girl in afancy yellow dress. The mother rises and exits to the ladiesroom while the little girl continues eating a large sundae.

Francesca smiles. As the girl licks a spoon of fudge, shesees Francesca looking at her and smiles back. Robert watchesthe silent exchange as he eats. Francesca makes a funny faceat her. The little girl giggles as she spoons more ice-cream.

Unfortunately, she spoons too much and the ice-cream falls onher pretty dress. She tries to take it off her, but she slipsthrough her fingers and stains her even more. She looks atFrancesca as if she's about to cry. Francesca smiles.

FRANCESCAExcuse me a minute.

Robert watches her cross to the little girl and kneel besideher. He sees her consoling the little girl while taking anapkin and dabbing it in the water glass.

She helps the girl carefully wipe away the mess, all thewhile calming her. The mother re-enters the scene and shakesher head at her daughter. The daughter is afraid of beingreproached but the mother is smiling. She and Francesca begintalking. She thanks Francesca. Robert sees the two mothersexchanging a moment of common experience and brieffriendship. The mother and daughter take their leave asFrancesca says goodbye and returns to the table. Robert looksat her lovingly. Francesca returns to her meal, but suddenlyshe is no longer hungry. Robert senses something is upsettingher.

ROBERTYou're somewhere else, where?

FRANCESCAJust that it's been a perfect day andthat I'd like to skip my fancydessert and go home after this.

ROBERTUh-huh. And?

FRANCESCA(beat)You're right, you know. We don't havemuch time.

Uncomfortable silence hangs between them. A waiter passes by.

ROBERTCheck, please.

OS, as the MOTHER YELLS:

MOTHERREBECCA! REBECCA!

Both Robert and Francesca look to the voice.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

站点统计|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|南京虚数灵境科技有限责任公司 ( 苏ICP备2023024155号 ) | 公安备案号:32010402000195

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 22:59 , Processed in 1.125000 second(s), 17 queries .