|
楼主 |
发表于 2014-3-26 16:02:15
|
显示全部楼层
(2)
SHERLOCK: No,you're not a fan at all. Those marks on your forearm, edge of a desk. You've been typing in a hurry, probably, pressure on,facing a deadline.
你根本不是粉丝。你前臂上的压痕是在桌子边缘压的。明显是截稿时间到了,你压力很大,匆忙打字所致。
JOURNALIST: That all?
就这样?
SHERLOCK: There's an ink smudge on your wrist,a bulge in your jacket pocket.
你手腕上有墨迹,上衣口袋鼓起,
JOURNALIST: Bit of a giveaway?
这就露馅了?
SHERLOCK: The smudge is deliberate,to see if I'm as good as they say I am. Oilbased, used in newspaper print. But drawn on with an index finger, your finger. Journalist. Unlikely you get your hands dirty at the press. You put that there to test me.
那污点是故意弄的,你想看看我是不是如别人说的那么厉害。油墨,报纸印刷用的。不过是用食指涂抹的,你的手指。作为记者,你不太可能在报社占到油墨。你抹在这里是试探我。
JOURNALIST: I'm liking you.
我开始喜欢你了。
SHERLOCK: I'd make a great feature,"Sherlock Holmes,the man beneath the hat".
我会写一则大的专题“帽子下真实的夏洛克”。
SHERLOCK: You think you're the girl for that job,do you?
你觉得你是能胜任这工作的人吗?
JOURNALIST: I'm smart and you can trust me… totally.
我很聪明,你可以完全信任我。
SHERLOCK: Smart? OK,investigative journalist.
聪明,好的,侦探记者。
SHERLOCK: Good. Well,look at me and tell me what you see.
行,你告诉我你从我身上看出些什么?
SHERLOCK: If you're that skilful,you don't need an interview, you can just read what you need. No? OK, my turn. I see someone who's waiting for their first scoop,so their editor will notice them. You're wearing an expensive skirt, that's been rehemmed twice. Only posh skirt you've got. Your nails,you can't afford to do them that often. I see someone who's hungry,I don't see smart. I don't see trustworthy. I'll give you a quote. if you like. Three little words. You repel me.
如果你这么厉害,你根本不需要采访,你观察我就能获得你要的信息。看不出来?好的,轮到我了。我看你仍在寻找职业生涯的第一份独家头条,以得到编辑的关注。你穿了条昂贵的裙子,但你改过两次裙边。那是你仅有一条昂贵的裙子。你的手指,你没钱经常保养。我看到一个欲望强烈的人,我看不到聪明,也看不到可靠。我给你句引语吧,五个字,你恶心我了。
一名女记者假装粉丝想从卷福身上挖料,被卷福揭穿了(小编看这个女记者相当不顺眼……)
investigative,调查型的;scoop,独家、头条新闻;posh,时髦的、漂亮的、奢侈的;hungry除了有“饥饿”的意思,还引申为“欲望强烈的、贪婪的”意思;repel,使厌恶,排斥、抗拒。如:
His long hair and filthy clothes repelled her.他的长头发和脏衣服使她感到厌恶。
He repelled all my offers of help.他拒绝了我的一切帮助。
Fire and water repel each other.水火不相容。
smudge,污点、污渍,作动词可作“弄脏”;forearm,前臂;wrist,手腕;bulge,名词,膨胀、凸出部分;giveaway,名词表示“泄漏、免费样品、不正当的交易”;deliberate,故意的;index finger,食指,其余手指都有名字,分别是拇指thumb,中指middle finger,无名指ring finger,小指pinkie finger;beneath,介词,在……之下。 |
|