注册
搜索
查看: 458|回复: 0

廊桥遗梦 第十八章 英2

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-7-8 01:01:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

ROBERTYes, thanks.

FRANCESCAGood. More coffee?

(he nods, she pours)Robert, I hope you don't mind myasking, but I feel like I should.

ROBERTWhat?

FRANCESCAWell, these... women friends ofyours... all over the world. Howdoes it work? Do you see some of themagain? Do you forget others? Do youwrite them now and then? How do youmanage it?

Her facetiousness startles Robert.

ROBERTI... What do you want?

FRANCESCAWell, I just want to know theprocedure. I don't want to upset yourroutine. Do you want any jam?

ROBERT(insulted)Routine! I don't have a routine. Andif you think that's what this is -FRANCESCAWell, what is this?

ROBERT(upset)Well, why is that up to me? You'rethe one who's married. You told meyou have no intention of leaving yourhusband.

FRANCESCATo do what? Be with someone who needseveryone and no one in particular? Imean, what would be the point. Wouldyou pass the butter?

ROBERTI was honest with you. I told you whoI was.

FRANCESCAYes. Absolutely. You have this habitof not needing and that it's hard tobreak. I understand.

(beat)Of course, in that case, why sleep --you don't need rest or for thatmatter eat, you don't need food.

She takes his plate away from him, rises and throws it intothe sink.

ROBERTWhat are you doing?

FRANCESCA(sarcastic)Gee, I don't know. I guess I'm notcut out to be a World Citizen whoexperiences everything and nothingat the same time.

ROBERTHow do you know what I experience?

FRANCESCA(angry)I know you! What can this possiblymean to anyone who doesn't "need"meaning -(mocking)"Who goes with the Mystery" -- whopretends he isn't scared to death.

ROBERTStop it!

FRANCESCAYou have no idea what you've done tome, do you? And after you leave, I'mgoing to have to wonder for the restof my life what happened here. Ifanything happened at all! And I'llhave to wonder if you find yourselfin some... housewife's kitchen inRomania if you'll sit there and tellher about your world of good friendsand secretly include me in that group.

ROBERTWhat do you want me to say?

FRANCESCA(nonchantly)I don't want you to say anything. Idon't need you to say anything.

Robert rises, knocking his chair aside.

ROBERTSTOP IT!

FRANCESCAFine. More eggs or should we justfuck on the linoleum one last time?

ROBERT(grabs her)I told you! I won't apologize for whoI am.

FRANCESCANo one's asking you to!

ROBERTI won't be made to feel like I'vedone something wrong.

FRANCESCA(angry)You won't be made to feel! Period.

You've carved out this little partfor yourself in the world where youget to be a voyeur, a hermit and alover whenever you feel like it andthe rest of us are just supposed tofeel so incredibly grateful for thebrief time you've touched our lives!

Well, go to hell! It isn't human notto feel lonely -- it isn't human notto afraid! You're a hypocrite andyou're a phony!

ROBERT(cries out)I DON'T WANT TO NEED YOU!

FRANCESCAWHY?

ROBERTBECAUSE I CAN'T HAVE YOU!

FRANCESCAWHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH IT?

He throws a cup at the wall. It breaks apart. Covering hisface, Robert turns away from her as he holds onto the sink.

Francesca reaches for him but he pulls away, embarrassed.   

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

站点统计|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|南京虚数灵境科技有限责任公司 ( 苏ICP备2023024155号 ) | 公安备案号:32010402000195

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 01:28 , Processed in 1.125000 second(s), 17 queries .