找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 430|回复: 0

廊桥遗梦 第十九章 英1

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-7-8 01:05:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

FRANCESCA (cont'd)(softly)
Don't you see, I've got to know thetruth, Robert. I've got to know thetruth or I'll go crazy. Either way.

Just tell me. But I can't act likethis is enough because it has to be.

I can't pretend I don't feel what Ifeel because it's over tomorrow.

Robert, keeping his face from her, tries to tell her:

ROBERTIf I've done anything to make youthink that what's happened between usis nothing new for me -- is someroutine -- then I do apologize.

FRANCESCAWhat makes it different, Robert?

Robert turns to face her. He is so hopelessly in love he canhardly find the words. His eyes fill up with tears.

ROBERTBecause... if I even think abouttomorrow -- if I...

(voice cracks)even think about leaving here withoutyou -- I'm not sure I can... that I -(he shakes his head)He can't even finish. He kneels down before her wrapping hisarms around her and burying his face into her body. Francescastarts to cry -- out of happiness, out of pain -- holding ontohim as if for dear life.

FRANCESCAOh God... what are we going to do?

She kisses him -- over and over, not wanting to be even aninch apart. As if any space between them might separate themforever.

Suddenly, OS, they hear a CAR DRIVE UP to the house. Theypanic. Francesca runs to the window to see:

MADGE, a girlfriend, has come for a visit. Madge is holdinga homemade dessert.

FRANCESCA (cont'd)No. No. Where's your truck?

ROBERTBehind the barn. I better go.

Francesca turns to him -- speechless -- not wanting him to go.

ROBERT (cont'd)Don't worry. I meant upstairs.

He exits. Francesca gathers herself and heads for the frontentrance, quickly cleaning up the plates.

INT. FRONT HALL - DAYFrancesca opens the door to Madge.

FRANCESCAMadge?

MADGEHi. I made some brown betty. I sentFloyd off to town with the boy. I said -(entering)"Floyd, I'm going to visit mygirlfriend and spend the afternoonand that's all there is to it. Hesaid who's going to make lunch? Isaid I'm taking a sick day. Eat atthe dinner." Isn't that hilarious?

(MOVES INTO KITCHEN)He didn't dare raise an eyebrow -- Idon't even want to tell you how latehe was out last night with those goodfor nothings from the Sandford ranch.

I am so sorry, honey, I let two dayspass before I came by, but with theboy home the time just escapes me.

Have you heard from Richard? How'sthe fair? God, it's hot.

Following her into the kitchen, Francesca doesn't know whichquestion to answer first.

EXT. PORCH - LATER THAT DAYMadge and Francesca sit facing the pasture beside a tablewith coffee and brown betty. We parachute into the middle ofthe scene.

MADGE... I said to her, "what's the pointof summer school if all he's going todo are these art projects. The boyneeds so much work in math and hisspelling is a nightmare...

(continues)Francesca isn't listening. Her mind wanders.

FANTASY:

FRANCESCAMadge. Please. Something's happened.

I've met someone. I've fallen in lovein a way I've never thought couldhappen my entire life. It's our lastday together. I feel like I'm going todie when he leaves. Please. Help me.

MADGEOh, honey. I'm so sorry. But you'vegot to be grateful for even feelingthe little you've be given. Believeme. Go to him. Don't let him leavewithout these new precious hoursyou've got left. And if you needanyone to cry on, you know where I am.

END OF FANTASY:

Madge shoves a plate at her.

MADGE (cont'd)More brown betty?

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

站点统计|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|南京虚数灵境科技有限责任公司 ( 苏ICP备2023024155号 ) | 公安备案号:32010402000195

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 01:02 , Processed in 1.093750 second(s), 17 queries .